New Arrivals: Miah makes move

Back to Article
Back to Article

New Arrivals: Miah makes move

Leah Boone-Stewart, Staff Writer

Editor’s note: New arrivals features staff new to Kingsbury for the 2018-2019 school year. Several new staff profiles are still being written or edited and will appear on the website when they are ready to publish.

Diversity and acceptance of all students is what Mrs. Tess Miah, a new English II and III teacher, says drew her to Kingsbury High School.

Miah, now in year 15 of her teaching career, says she was motivated to become a teacher because of a bad experience in her own high school career. Miah says she loves school, and she wanted to be the teacher who helps students feel the same way. Her motivation came from her own English II teacher, who she says was not the best teacher.

Miah attained her degree from Middle Tennessee State University, and then completed her graduate degree at the University of Memphis. Miah is originally from Memphis.

Miah said she chose Kingsbury for several reasons. The diversity of the student body was a big factor. She also said she had several friends tell her the students had a great mindset about learning, and this is what ultimately brought her to the Falcon family.

When she’s not teaching, Miah is active in her church. She’s also a wife and mother of two infant children.