Football team ‘relentless’ in approach for Homecoming win

Back to Article
Back to Article

KHS Football Memphis Facebook

KHS Football Memphis Facebook

KHS Football Memphis Facebook

Head football coach Quintin Jones said the football team’s word of the week is “relentless.”

“We must be able to give it our all and lay everything down on the line for each other and play as a family in order to win this game,” Jones said.

Kingsbury is set to take on Overton High School Friday, Oct. 19 in the 2018 Homecoming game.

The football team has had a difficult season, but looks to turn things around tomorrow night.

Jones said the team has been doing all they can to prepare for the game and achieve the win.

“We have been watching film on all of Overton’s past football games,” Jones said. “We spent a lot of time this week watching film everyday before practice and also showing the players how it would look on the field. This team knows a lot about the Overton High School Football team.”

Jones said he and the team hope that all students and faculty will attend the game to show their support.

“These young men have been putting in a lot of work these past few months,” he said. “This team is making strides and is improving every week. We need everyone’s support. It will mean a lot to this team. We promise to make this school and community proud.”

The game will take place at Crump Stadium, and the school will be providing a fan bus that allows students to get to and from the game.