Homecoming Week festivities close with Battle of the Classes

Battle of the classes was held in conjunction with a Pep Rally where students could show support for the football team ahead of tonight’s Homecoming game.

Each class had representatives compete in games like balloon pop and tug-of-war.

The senior class claimed the victory overall in Battle of the Classes.

During the pep rally, the marching band performed and the homecoming court was introduced.

Friday was also Class Day and Spirit Day. Seniors showed support for their class by wearing pink. Members of the junior class wore red. Sophomores wore blue, and the freshmen class wore black. Classes voted on their class color earlier in the school year.

The pep rally and battle of the classes were a hit among students. Brian Gutierrez, a junior who competed in the games, said the pep rally was one of the best he’s attended.

Students were charged $2 to attend the event, and while Gutierrez did not agree with that, he said he really enjoyed everything else.

“It’s making the students pay to show support for the football team,” he said. “That could be fine for the game, but the pep rally should be free.”

Gutierrez said he wishes the entire football team good luck against Overton High School in their game.

Teachers Ms. Dye and Mr. Britt said events like the pep rally are all part of the high school experience, and they were happy to see students participating in the events.

Below are some photos from today’s events and spirit day.